Thursday, October 29, 2009

It was only a matter of time...

Well, it is official. Wednesday, October 28TH at 8:15am I left work. I have been told I am not allowed to return until Monday, November 2ND when I will officially be fever free for 24 hours without medication.

2 words: Swine Flu.

I have been hearing our school nurse say for some time now that our school has the highest number of H1N1 cases in Minneapolis. It was only a matter of time until myself or another teacher ended up with it.

I have been trying to be careful, I was the kid's desk everyday after school, I wipe down the door handle each afternoon and I am constantly using hand sanitizer when I can't wash my hands. It must be from all the hugs. :)

I will officially be away from the kids for 3 school days. I am having a hard time because well, 1. I miss them and 2. I just get nervous with a sub. in there. I am sure they are doing great. For now, I have been sleeping the majority of the day and night. I drink water like it's my job and my body can't decide whether it is freezing or sweating. I do think my fever is reducing and at least I still have an appetite in order to get my nutrients. I will be happy to leave the house and move around though. I am getting pretty bored, and achy, from laying down.

Now we are just praying Nate doesn't get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment