Friday, November 13, 2009

The Case of the Missing Phone Part 1

Well, needless to say, this week was BY FAR the most interesting week I have had as a teacher. It started off great and well, by Wednesday I was living outside of my own body watching what to me looked like a movie.

I woke up Wed. morning excited about the day...Veteran's Day. The first thing I did that morning was text my little brother who is an Officer in the Navy. (This was done right when I got to school) I then texted Nate, as I do each day. Then I placed the phone on my desk (which is in the back corner of my room) and went on with the day. The morning was fun and very productive. I took my kids to lunch at 11:00 (phone in pocket acting as a watch) and came back to eat/work in my classroom. I then again put the phone on the desk...a very normal thing for me. Well, after picking my kids up from lunch and taking them to music (about a 10 min process) I came back to my room to find my phone missing. At first I didn't think much of it, but after looking in all possible places and calling it twice, I realized it was missing. I reported it stolen and asked the asst. principal to make an announcement offering a reward for the phone.

I left school Wed. night at 6pm without a phone. I spent the whole night tracking calls and calling the number. No calls were made when I went to bed at 10:30 except to my own voicemail...at least they were checking my voice mails for me. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment